My Alter Ego Gets Married!

Brooke Penelope Davis is my favorite TV character of all time. I don't really want to elaborate on this one but she's the TV character I identify with the most. I was pretty flattered (and a little bit surprised) when a friend actually pointed out our similarities. Of course, that friend loves to kid and posed the statement as a joke, but I'll leave out the joke part--it'll just ruin the moment.

All throughout the first few seasons of One Tree Hill, I've always been on Team Brucas. I insisted on the pairing despite the obvious fact that it's always going to be Lucas and Peyton, and I hated it. In my head, I wanted Peyton to end up with Jake Jagielski. Makes sense, doesn't it? But Jake's just too nice of a guy and let Peyton go back to Tree Hill for Lucas.

Next came Felix, who was another favorite. Let's face it, he was lovely to look at, but he turned out to be such a douche, that he just had to be kicked out of Tree Hill for good. Then Chase came along and I thought, hey, not bad. (Of course, I've had a crush on Stephen Coletti since Laguna Beach.) But there was always something missing with that pairing. They just don't click, you know?

Good thing Julian Baker came along. Of course it sucked that Julian was Peyton's first, and the reason why he came to Tree Hill in the first place was to win Peyton back, but he is Brooke's perfect match and they had to meet some way.

Julian Baker is the perfect fiance. He is the sweetest, most thoughtful guy there is. It's just too unfortunate that he isn't for real. It doesn't matter that he didn't have any real guy friends (except for Jamie Scott) or that he has an embarrassingly awkward high-five, it was nothing compared to the way he looked at Brooke, the way he treated Brooke, and the way he loved Brooke. He is Brooke's perfect match. His wedding vow says it all.

I'm so glad that Brooke finally got married to Julian. I had tears in my eyes. I love the little back stories they made for Brooke and Julian. The veil that Brooke found when she was a kid (Brooke's red door made a comeback!), and Julian's half token. It added so much sentimentality to the episode. I love how Jamie used Julian's story as his best man's speech. And I love that Julian passed on his half token to Jamie... because he didn't need it, because he found his other half. It kind of reminds me how Jamie helped Julian with his proposal to Brooke. It's just wonderful.

I can't help but gush! I am so happy for Brooke it's insane. I'm just hoping my future turns out the same way. Besides, I'd be glad to marry a Julian Baker. Julian's not only the sweetest, most thoughtful guy ever. He's also a producer-slash-director. He is such a film guy, that he fell in love with Brooke while she was dancing to the theme of The Breakfast Club. He and I will bond watching wonderful movies together. If my future turns out to be anything like this, then I can't wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment